Staff Spotlight: Melissa Vaughn 9/20/2022SHARE:
Melissa Vaughn wanted to work at ESF for a long time. As a Newcomb resident, ESF's local campus loomed large in the area. Four years ago, she got the opportunity to join the ESF team as Guest Service Coordinator at the Adirondack Ecological Center.
As Guest Services Coordinator, Melissa helps coordinate logistics surrounding visits to the Newcomb Campus. Her day-to-day duties include organizing research visits, planning for educational excursions and coordinating professional meetings. Her favorite part of the job is meeting the variety of people that come through the AEC annually.
"We have visits from scientists, teachers, artists, and others to our campus," she said. "I enjoy getting to know them all and hear the stories of what they are working on."
When she's not working, Melissa loves tending her garden, exploring the Adirondacks, and going to see Phish shows.
Congratulations on your recent appointment, Mellissa!
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oak Monday: Ashley Carter
- ESF’s Office of Research Programs Receives Partnership Excellence Award
- Alumni Spotlight: Bob Florence ’82
- Stanford’s List of World’s Top-Cited Scientists includes 34 from ESF
- Mighty Oak Monday: Abishek Poudel
- ESF Cross Country Teams Repeat As National Champs
- ESF President Joanie Mahoney Honored for Sustainability in the Built Environment
- Mighty Oak Monday: Daniel Ricci
- Staff Spotlight: Kathy Lang
- ESF Ranked Top 3 Green College for 2023
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches New Website
- ESF’s Isabel Valentín Featured in Vogue
- Staff Spotlight: Michelle Fay
- Alumni Spotlight: Nicole Cleary, ’12
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Environmental Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210