Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow Lecture to focus on willow's environmental benefits10/9/2018SHARE:
Dr. Timothy Volk, an ESF professor whose research focuses on developing shrub willow to provide a host of environmental benefits, including a sustainable source for renewable energy, will present the fall Dale L. Travis Lecture.
His topic is, "Shrub Willow: RX for a Healthier Planet."
Volk's presentation will be the 11th Dale L. Travis Lecture, supported by a gift from a 1959 graduate of ESF. The lecture will be at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 17 in the Gateway Center on the ESF campus.
Volk is a senior research associate in ESF's Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management and was honored as the College's Exemplary Researcher for 2018-19. He has more than 25 years of experience working in the fields of forestry, agroforestry, short-rotation woody crops, bioenergy and phytoremediation in the northeastern United States and Africa.
There is no charge for admission. A reception will follow the lecture. Parking will be available on campus. This event is made possible by the support of Travis, who envisioned the lecture series as a way to inform the general public about various research projects at ESF.
Recent ESF News
- Dr. Lemir Teron to Be Honored as Unsung Hero
- New Department Name Reflects Growth in Academic Programs
- ‘Transformational’ Gift from Templeton Foundation Supports Chestnut Restoration
- ESF Professor’s Poetry Book Addresses #MeToo Topics
- AIC Hosts First Day Hike in the Adirondacks
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210