Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty Awards presented at annual spring banquet5/3/2019SHARE:
Three awards were presented to ESF employees at the Undergraduate Student Association's Spring Banquet.
The Special Recognition for Staff Excellence was given to Terry Ettinger, greenhouse manager in the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology (EFB), and Beth Minard, associate registrar. The award is given by students to members of the ESF non-teaching staff in appreciation of service to ESF.
The Outstanding Academic Advisor award was presented to Dr. Jacqui Frair, EFT and associate director of the Roosevelt Wildlife Station. Students give this award to the faculty or staff person who serves as an outstanding academic advisor.
The Distinguished Faculty Member for Teaching Excellence award was presented to Dr. Lemir Teron, Department of Environmental Studies. This award recognizes a faculty member who has demonstrated a high level of interest in ESF students and their education.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
- ESF Opens Food Pantry for Students
- ESF among Sierra Magazine’s 2019 Top ‘Cool Schools’
- ESF, Syracuse University Announce Renewed Academic, Research-Based Partnership
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2019 Sustainable Campus Index
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210