ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security Lindsay Eberhart to travel to Rome for World Food Day ceremony7/9/2019SHARE:
A student from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will be among the Planet Forward delegation attending the Committee on World Food Security (CFS 46) in Rome this fall.
Lindsay Eberhart, a rising junior environmental studies major from Freeport, New York, will join students from universities across the United States to participate in CFS 46 and the official World Food Day ceremony in Rome as observers through a partnership between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Eberhart, who is also a candidate for the policy, planning and law program, was a 2019 Planet Forward Storyfest finalist for her narrative poem Toxins in the Soil - Vieques, Puerto Rico.
"I'm looking forward to gaining a better understanding and insight about global food security," Eberhart wrote in an email. "I am looking forward to facing the reality of it all, the politics, the communication, a global perspective of what is really going on in the world. As a rising junior with a focus in policy, planning and law, and a minor in food studies, this opportunity will without a doubt, grant me insight and reshape my path."
The students will join Frank Sensno, Planet Forward founder and chief executive, and the Planet Forward team at the FAO headquarters in Rome to cover stories on accessible, affordable and sustainable food and why it matters for the planet.
Recent ESF News
- Transforming Adirondack Forests By Nature’s ‘Ecosystem Engineer’
- SUNY ESF Cancels Intercollegiate Play for Fall 2020 Sports
- ESF welcomes Katherine McCarthy to Leadership Team
- ESF Hosts Town Halls to Address Questions Regarding 2020-21 Academic Year
- Tondelaya George Named Director of ESF Open Academy
- COVID-19 and Air Quality: Another Perspective
- Class of 2020 Inductees to ESF Athletic Hall of Fame Announced
- Dr. Ruth Yanai Honored with Barrington Moore Memorial Award
- Is Water Quality in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210