ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students Orientation events kick off academic year8/19/2019SHARE:
ESF is welcoming approximately 354 first-year students to campus this fall.
Along with the first-year class, more than 228 transfer students will be entering the college. First-year students arrive today, Aug. 19.
The first-year students come from 20 states and New York state. Just over half, 52 percent, are female. Sixteen percent identify as students of color.
Enrollment at the college's Ranger School in Wanakena, New York, is 56 this year. Classes at the Ranger School begin Aug. 21.
On the graduate level, ESF is planning for the arrival of 100 new graduate students for the 2019-20 academic year.
"I'm excited to welcome our new students," said Interim President David Amberg. "At ESF we are all tied together in a shared sense of responsibility for the health of our planet and I know our newest students will add new and exciting ideas and voices to that shared purpose."
New students and their families will be greeted by a full slate of orientation events. Along with moving into Centennial Hall, undergraduate students will participate in a number of activities to get them acclimated to the college and surrounding community. On Saturday, Aug. 24, the students will engage in community service projects throughout the Syracuse area.
Classes begin Aug. 26.
Recent ESF News
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
- ESF Opens Food Pantry for Students
- ESF among Sierra Magazine’s 2019 Top ‘Cool Schools’
- ESF, Syracuse University Announce Renewed Academic, Research-Based Partnership
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2019 Sustainable Campus Index
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210