Mighty Oaks Settle for Weekend Split ESF get back on the win column with a win over Culinary Institute1/21/2020SHARE:
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's basketball team finished the weekend with a 1-1 record. Although they handily beat the Culinary Institute of America by an 80-41 score on Jan. 19, it was the previous game on Jan. 18 that got away from the Mighty Oaks against Five Towns College in an 80-74 defeat.
ESF dominated the first half and took an 11-point lead against Five Towns into the break at 41-30. Along the way in the first, the Mighty Oaks built a lead as high as 15, but the Sound rebounded in the second half with a 16-0 run to take its first lead of the game at 54-52. ESF responded by climbing back to tie the game at 64 and came within one point in the final minute of retaking the lead at 75-74 before the Sound scored the final five points of the contest.
Four starters recorded double-digit performances with Zachary Dormer leading the way with 22 points. Logan Ameele added 21 points and Henry Pflaumer scored 11. Reid Patchett had a double-double with 14 points to go with 13 boards. Cole Paradies co-led the team in rebounds with 13 and added five points with three blocks.
The Mighty Oaks responded the next game by taking control from start to finish in a 39-point victory against the Culinary Institute of America. ESF registered four double-digit scorers with Ameele leading the way with 15 points. Not far behind with 14 points each was Dormer and Paradies, with the latter recording a team-high eight boards.
The ESF men's basketball team returns to action against conference-leading Berkeley on Feb. 2. The Mighty Oaks will host Berkley at Onondaga Community College's Allyn Gymnasium with a 12 p.m. tipoff.
Recent ESF News
- Senator Schumer, ESF Officials Support Northern Forest Research Initiative
- ESF Students Sustain with Stories
- Community invited to participate in Westcott Nation research project
- ESF, Clarkson University Name Co-Directors of Center of Excellence on Healthy Water Solutions
- ESF Becomes Tobacco-free Campus
- ESF Professor Joins in Discovery of Thought-to-be Extinct Tortoise
- Dr. Robin Kimmerer’s Braiding Sweetgrass Hits New York Times Best Sellers List
- Articulation Agreement Creates Seamless Pathway from OCC to ESF
- ESF Professor Wins National Award
- Dr. Lemir Teron to Be Honored as Unsung Hero
- New Department Name Reflects Growth in Academic Programs
- ‘Transformational’ Gift from Templeton Foundation Supports Chestnut Restoration
- ESF Professor’s Poetry Book Addresses #MeToo Topics
- AIC Hosts First Day Hike in the Adirondacks
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210