Jordan Jessamy Earns Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence 3/6/2020SHARE:
Jordan Jessamy was named a 2020 SUNY Chancellor's Award Winner for Student Excellence.
The Chancellor's Award acknowledges graduating students who have best demonstrated, and have been recognized for, the integration of academic excellence with other aspects of their lives, which may include leadership, campus involvement, community service, arts (creative or performing), athletics, and/or career achievement. This is the highest honor a student can receive from SUNY. Recipients will be honored at a reception hosted by SUNY Kristina Chancellor Johnson in April.
Jordan is an undergraduate student majoring in environmental science. In addition to being an outstanding student, he is the founder of ESF's peer mentorship program (Taking Root), served as the president of the all-male diversity group King's Court, has been actively involved in community service efforts, including the establishment of Beth's Bounty (ESF's Food Pantry) and building Tiny Homes for Good during his spring breaks, authoring 15 articles for ESF's literary magazine (The Knothole), and conducting research through Brookhaven National Laboratory.
Congratulations to this year's other outstanding nominees: Nichole Angell (aquatic and fisheries science), Danielle Browne (environmental biology), Clare Foley (environmental biology), Billie Holecek (sustainable energy management), Christopher Ludlam (bioprocess engineering), and Emily Parsons (paper engineering).
Recent ESF News
- Promoting a contagion of gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
- ESF to Hold Online Commencement
- ESF’s American Chestnut Research Featured in New York Times Magazine
- Are Fishers in the North Country on the Decline?
- ESF-SU Solar Decathlon Team Earns Honorable Mention in National Competition
- Mighty Oaks Coaches on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Fight
- City and County Proclaim 4/22 SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Open Homework Hotline for Grades K-12
- Every Day is Earth Day at ESF No Matter Where the Students Are
- Ranger School Students Complete Residential Program and Graduate
- Deep Dive for Big Results
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210