Tondelaya George Named Director of ESF Open Academy 7/16/2020SHARE:
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is pleased to announce Tondelaya George has been named director of ESF Open Academy effective Sept. 1, 2020.
ESF's Open Academy helps to prepare faculty with online resources to teach in an online world. It is also responsible for facilitating ESF's summer session courses and manages the College's continuing education programs. The Open Academy hosts numerous professional conferences, including the NYS Green Building Conference, the premier green building conference in the northeast.
George comes to ESF from Duke University School of Nursing's Office of Admissions & Student Services where she was the manager of student services. She brings to ESF an extensive background in academic affairs, communications and interdisciplinary studies.
"Tondelaya's experience will help move Open Academy in innovative directions and help the organization develop strong collaborations and relationships with new partners," said Dr. David Newman, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs. "Her background is broad and deep, with experience and education in areas that support both virtual and experiential learning."
As director, George will provide leadership ensuring the success and achievement of online programs, special sessions, professional, and K-12 outreach programming. She also will have oversight of a range of activities that support student learning outcomes, program quality, and provides access to diverse learning communities.
George earned her doctorate of management from the University of Maryland Global Campus; and an MS and BS in communications from Clarion University in Clarion Pennsylvania.
Recent ESF News
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along Californiaís Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESFís Bachelorís in Forestry Ranked No. 1
- ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
- ESF Researchers Receive GLRC Grant
- Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellorís Awards
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching Award
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Exemplary Researcher Award
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2021
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210