Alumna named Young Forester Leader 10/29/2020SHARE:
Congratulations to alumna Nan Pond, from the Class of 2006. The Society of American Foresters (SAF) has presented her with the 2020 Young Forester Leadership Award. As chief biometric officer at SilviaTerra in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Pond leads a team of forest biometricians and analysts delivering cutting-edge work that has pushed forestry organizations to adopt innovative approaches to solve challenges with big data in the 21st century.
Pond is an outstanding young professional who leads by example and with enthusiasm. She is a mentor to young foresters, a tireless volunteer for SAF's mission, and an enthusiastic professional in the biometrics community.
As chair of SAF's Forest Science and Technology Board, Pond's work has advanced the role, presence, and active engagement with our science communities. She is an advocate for making connections between research and on-the-ground management and improving the visibility and accessibility of applied science for all. Pond's leadership in the forestry profession exemplifies the spirit of SAF's Young Forester Leadership Award.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Named a 2020 Economic Champion
- Grad Student's Photo Included in Global Exhibit
- Dr. Mark Teece Wins Teaching Award
- Global Database Is Resource for Ecological Monitoring in the Arctic
- SUNY Chancellor Malatras Visits ESF
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2020 Sustainable Campus Index
- ESF Honors Veterans with Ceremony Nov. 11
- ESF Professor Serves as Director for Multi-state Cooperative
- Chancellor Malatras Outlines Comprehensive Spring Semester Plan
- Dr. Jerrold Belant Named IUCN Voting Member
- Joanie Mahoney Named Fifth ESF President
- NSF Grant Funds Research to Help Better Manage Water Resources
- Dr. Brian Leydet Named 40 Under Forty Honoree
- Documenting Decades of Insights: Galapagos Giant Tortoises Soon to be Published
- Survey Examines Recreational User Experience and Perspectives in Adirondacks
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210