ESF Named a 2020 Economic Champion 11/20/2020SHARE:
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was recognized as a 2020 Economic Champion by CenterState Corporation for Economic Opportunity (CenterState CEO) during a recent virtual celebration.
ESF was recognized because of investments related to Marshall Hall renovations and supporting jobs and growth in the local economy. Companies were nominated as Economic Champions for their accomplishments throughout the year by CenterState CEO, peers, employees and staff.
CenterState CEO's Economic Champions, presented by Fust Charles Chambers LLP, hosted a virtual celebration of 295 companies as 2020 Economic Champions for their collective hiring of more than 2,400 employees, 5.6 million square-feet of expansions, and $752 million in capital investments. At a time of tremendous economic pressure, 88 businesses were recognized for opening new storefronts, offices and facilities, and 40 were highlighted for celebrating a milestone anniversary, speaking to businesses' commitment to the local and regional economy. Companies were nominated as Economic Champions for their accomplishments throughout the year by CenterState CEO, peers, employees and staff.
"We know that 2020 has been an unprecedented, challenging year for businesses across all industries in Central New York," said Robert Simpson, president of CenterState CEO. "We believe it is important to recognize the successes and bright spots that have emerged in the midst of it all - however big or small - because the tenacity and resilient spirt of our members is essential to our forward progress and emergence from this crisis. The accomplishments of these Economic Champions highlight the collective dedication of the business community to persevere through some of the most challenging of times. Working together this community is focused on building back stronger, and I am confident that we will celebrate even more Economic Champions in 2021."
Recent ESF News
- Tap Into Maple Syrup at Heiberg Forest
- March Mammal Madness Takes to Twitter
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
- ESF Celebrates Black History Month
- Winter Sports Suspended at SUNY ESF
- Do People’s Perceptions Shape Trust of Gene Editing in Agriculture and Food?
- ESF to Host Virtual Career and Internship Fair
- ESF Hosts Semester-Opening Virtual Family Sessions
- Professionals in Sustainability Webinar Series at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210