Latest Issue of Unearthed Online 1/4/2021SHARE:
The newest issue of Unearthed is published and now online.
"Unearthed" is ESF's online literary and arts magazine. "Unearthed" publishes poems, nonfiction, fiction, photography, artwork, interviews, and critical engagements with the environment and art, from around the globe.
This semester, seven student editors volunteered their time to help make this issue possible. As a team, they also collaborated on putting together a theme for the issue (UNRAVEL) and the issue begins with a podcast some of the editors produced, which discusses the way the word unravel plays out in their thinking and lives, according to Tyler Flynn Dorholt, lecturer and director of ESF's Writing, Rhetoric, and Communications Program.
Unearthed student editors are Anna Chwiejczak of Camillus, New York; Natalie Davey of Lake George, New York; Gavin Duncan of Concord, North Carolina; Lindsay Eberhart of Freeport, New York; Gillian Hall of Manlius, New York; Arik Palileo of Denton, Texas, and Courtney Scheffler of Margaretville, New York. Joel Shaw, production coordinator in ESF's Office of Communications and Marketing assists the online publication with web design.
"The issue features the work of more than 20 writers and artists, including numerous outstanding ESF students," wrote Dorholt in an email announcing the publication. "You'll find photographs and writing that speak directly to the theme of 'unravel,' as well as many fine works of prose and art that help us unearth new ideas and meaning."
The issue also includes an in-depth interview with Scott Russell Sanders, author of "The Way of Imagination."
Planning is underway for the spring issue of "Unearthed."
"Please keep us on your radar, both for submissions of your work and the work that your students and peers are doing," said Dorholt. Review of submissions begins in January. For more information, contact Dorholt at email@example.com
Recent ESF News
- Do People’s Perceptions Shape Trust of Gene Editing in Agriculture and Food?
- ESF to Host Virtual Career and Internship Fair
- ESF Hosts Semester-Opening Virtual Family Sessions
- Professionals in Sustainability Webinar Series at ESF
- ESF Welcomes New Counsel
- ESF Researchers to Perform Critical Water Quality Investigations on Cayuga Lake
- Dr. Hyatt Green to Speak on Predicting the Next Outbreak
- Latest Issue of Unearthed Online
- Maximum Climate Mitigation Potential from Natural Forest Regrowth Lower than Previously Reported
- ESF Researchers Among Top 2% Cited Worldwide
- SUNY ESF Researchers Awarded Nearly $250,000 USDA Wood Innovation Grant
- ESF Soccer Team Helps with Food Recovery
- ESF To Celebrate Graduates
- SUNY ESF Trails Link Adirondack Towns and Resources
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210