Sustainability Champions Put the Focus on Fashion 2/17/2021SHARE:
The College of Environmental Science and Forestry's Sustainability Champions program is putting the "Fashion" in ESF. ESF will host a virtual presentation about Consciousness in Fashion noon on Feb. 24 on ESFTV. The public is invited to attend.
Caeresa Richardson, owner of Syracuse's Gypsy Freedom boutique, will lead the hour-long panel discussion that will feature:
- Hannah Paul, Brand Development Manager from Laude The Label (production and fair trade)
- Rachel Faller, Founder of Tonle (materials and textile waste)
- Donnella Monk, ESF student and owner of EcoThot (conscious consumerism)
"Sustainability Champions is part of the College's commitment to sustainability," said Sue Fassler, sustainable facilities manager at ESF. "These sessions take place monthly during the academic year and seek to spread the word about initiatives happening on campus. They also feature discussions about ways members of the campus community and the community at large can better blend sustainability into their lives," said Sue Fassler, sustainable facilities manager at ESF.
"Many Champions sessions are geared toward an internal ESF audience, but anyone is invited to join this upcoming session. All that is asked in return is that you talk about what you learned with your colleagues and friends," Fassler said.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
- ESF Celebrates Black History Month
- Winter Sports Suspended at SUNY ESF
- Do People’s Perceptions Shape Trust of Gene Editing in Agriculture and Food?
- ESF to Host Virtual Career and Internship Fair
- ESF Hosts Semester-Opening Virtual Family Sessions
- Professionals in Sustainability Webinar Series at ESF
- ESF Welcomes New Counsel
- ESF Researchers to Perform Critical Water Quality Investigations on Cayuga Lake
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210