Day of Giving 2023
April 21, 2023
On April 21, 2023, we’re rallying together to raise funds for ESF on our Day of Giving. By making a gift to ESF, you help to provide resources to educate and support our students who are learning to improve our world!
Join us on our second annual Day of Giving, a time when alumni, faculty, staff, parents, students, and friends come together to support ESF through an online fundraiser. We’ll announce exciting challenges — called Power Hours — on our website and social media channels to inspire competitive fun and provide opportunities to secure extra funding through donor matches! Your donation will help provide resources to educate the current and next generation of environmental champions and sustainability advocates.
JOIN US IN SHOWING YOUR SUPPORT!
Here’s what you can do now:
Save the Date! April 21, 2023
Bookmark this Webpage
Ready to show your support of ESF far and wide? Become an Advocate! Here’s how:
- Pledge to give on our Day of Giving
- Participate by:
- Using one of our suggested social media posts.
- Telling your friends and former classmates to join the fun!
Tag us @sunyesf on Facebook and Twitter, @suny.esf on Instagram, or @sunyesfalumni on Twitter and Instagram.
Pre-ESF Day of Giving Sample Posts
- At @SUNYESF, I met lifelong friends and launched my career. Join me on Friday, 4/21 in supporting #ESFGivingDay to help provide current and future students with those same opportunities. www.esf.edu/dayofgiving
- Whether it’s by making a gift or spreading the word, we can all help support the @SUNYESF students this upcoming #ESFGivingDay. Mark your calendar for Friday, 4/21. www.esf.edu/dayofgiving
- I wouldn’t be who or where I am without @SUNYESF, that’s why I am giving to support students this upcoming #ESFGivingDay on Friday, 4/21. www.esf.edu/dayofgiving
Day of ESF Day of Giving Sample Posts
- Join me this Earth Day in supporting current and future @SUNYESF students by giving on #ESFGivingDay! www.esf.edu/dayofgiving
- I graduated in [insert year], but @SUNYESF will always be part of my story. Today, I’m participating in #ESFGivingDay to support current and future ESF students. www.esf.edu/dayofgiving
- As a proud @SUNYESF parent, I’m supporting the school that gave my [son/daughter] a foundation for life #ESFGivingDay www.esf.edu/dayofgiving
- I would not be who or where I am today without the incredible community and education I experienced at @SUNYESF. Help me pay it forward today on #ESFGivingDay to lend that opportunity to future generations! www.esf.edu/dayofgiving
- We're in the home stretch of the first ever #ESFGivingDay. Invest in students with your gift before 8 pm! www.esf.edu/dayofgiving
Social Media Campaign Graphics
Spread the word visually! Grab your favorite social network version and help promote ESF's Day of Giving.
What is ESF’s Day of Giving?
This is a day when alumni, faculty, staff, parents, students, and friends all over the world come together to make a difference by donating to ESF. Gifts of all sizes will help our students reach their bigger goals and support future generations of ESF.
ESF’s Day of Giving shows the mighty impact the ESF community can achieve when coming together.
Will my gift be matched?
Yes! A trio of 1911 Society members together have committed to matching every donation made on ESF Giving Day 2023 – dollar for dollar – up to $20,000.
Steve Breen, Paul Tremont ’78, and Dave Wyman are consistent donors to the ESF Annual Fund, and long-time members of the 1911 Society. Each serve or have served on the ESF College Foundation Board of Directors.
Additionally, the Alumni Association will make a second 1:1 match for gifts made by alumni of classes 2013 – 2022 up to $5,000. So recent graduates who give on this day could be matched twice!
Your gift on this day will have at least double the impact – perhaps even tripled!
How will my gift be used?
The ESF Annual Fund is our primary resource for unrestricted support from alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends. These funds are used to: provide scholarship and financial aid, enhance lab equipment and classroom spaces, bring guest speakers to campus, subsidize library acquisitions, and send students to national competitions and conferences.
What are Power Hour Challenges? How do they work?
In addition to the dollar for dollar matches, Power Hours are opportunities to secure extra funding for programs that support our students every day.
- Lug your Mug/Pack your Plate for Beth’s Bounty
Friday, Apr. 21
11:30 am – 1:00 pm
GOAL: 20 donors
$500 will be released to Beth’s Bounty, our on-campus food pantry when we achieve 20 donors. Launched in 2019, the food pantry provides support to students experiencing food insecurity and is named in memory of student Beth Newkirk.
- Workout for Athletics
Friday, Apr. 21
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
GOAL: 10 donors
With 10 donors this hour, the Alumni Association will donate $500 to the Athletics Hall of Fame. The ESF Athletic Hall of Fame hosts an annual induction ceremony to honor stellar Mighty Oaks athletes, teams, coaches and supporters of the program.
Others may be announced – so be sure to follow us on social media throughout the day!
Why should I participate?
Private support helps address gaps in funding and directs resources where they’re most needed, which has been increasingly critical over the past several years.
Your gift does so much more than just provide financial support. When you give, it is a testament that we believe in our students and want to see them succeed.
What’s the goal?
Our goal is to inspire at least 223 members of the ESF community to make a gift of any size.
Who can participate in Day of Giving?
Anyone may give!
Is my payment secure?
Absolutely. All gifts will be made through Blackbaud, a secure online giving platform.
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes. All gifts made to ESF are received by the ESF College Foundation and are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
I already gave to ESF, why should I give again?
Great! You already know just how vital your gifts are to our students’ success – Thank you! Your donation on ESF’s Day of Giving will help unlock those challenge dollars, increasing the impact of your support. Your additional gift will inspire others to give as well.