O'Brien & Gere Employees Donate to ESF
$12,000 given during company's 60th anneversary
Employees of O’Brien & Gere donated more than $12,000 to the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) during the company’s 60th anniversary celebration.
The donations were collected at the firm’s anniversary black tie event at the Oncenter last month. More than 120 donors made gifts totaling $12,885.
ESF was one of three charities earmarked by O'Brien and Gere for the donations. The company paid for the party but asked attendees to make a contribution to the college or one of two national organizations.
"O'Brien & Gere and its employees are dedicated to the education of students in the fields of engineering and science,” company CEO Terry L. Brown wrote in a letter to College Foundation Executive Director Brenda Greenfield. “This donation is an example of us living that dedication.”
Greenfield said the funds will be used to support scholarships and academic programs at ESF.
"We are very grateful for O'Brien & Gere’s generosity and for the company's efforts to make local charitable giving a part of their 60th anniversary celebration," Greenfield said.
The ESF College Foundation Inc. annually provides nearly $500,000 in scholarships to ESF students.
Release No. 47 February 7, 2006
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210