O'Brien & Gere Employees Donate to ESF
$12,000 given during company's 60th anneversary
Employees of O’Brien & Gere donated more than $12,000 to the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) during the company’s 60th anniversary celebration.
The donations were collected at the firm’s anniversary black tie event at the Oncenter last month. More than 120 donors made gifts totaling $12,885.
ESF was one of three charities earmarked by O'Brien and Gere for the donations. The company paid for the party but asked attendees to make a contribution to the college or one of two national organizations.
"O'Brien & Gere and its employees are dedicated to the education of students in the fields of engineering and science,” company CEO Terry L. Brown wrote in a letter to College Foundation Executive Director Brenda Greenfield. “This donation is an example of us living that dedication.”
Greenfield said the funds will be used to support scholarships and academic programs at ESF.
"We are very grateful for O'Brien & Gere’s generosity and for the company's efforts to make local charitable giving a part of their 60th anniversary celebration," Greenfield said.
The ESF College Foundation Inc. annually provides nearly $500,000 in scholarships to ESF students.
Release No. 47 February 7, 2006
Recent ESF News
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210