O'Brien & Gere Employees Donate to ESF
$12,000 given during company's 60th anneversary
Employees of O’Brien & Gere donated more than $12,000 to the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) during the company’s 60th anniversary celebration.
The donations were collected at the firm’s anniversary black tie event at the Oncenter last month. More than 120 donors made gifts totaling $12,885.
ESF was one of three charities earmarked by O'Brien and Gere for the donations. The company paid for the party but asked attendees to make a contribution to the college or one of two national organizations.
"O'Brien & Gere and its employees are dedicated to the education of students in the fields of engineering and science,” company CEO Terry L. Brown wrote in a letter to College Foundation Executive Director Brenda Greenfield. “This donation is an example of us living that dedication.”
Greenfield said the funds will be used to support scholarships and academic programs at ESF.
"We are very grateful for O'Brien & Gere’s generosity and for the company's efforts to make local charitable giving a part of their 60th anniversary celebration," Greenfield said.
The ESF College Foundation Inc. annually provides nearly $500,000 in scholarships to ESF students.
Release No. 47 February 7, 2006
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210