1911 Society Members Lead the 2006-2007 Annual Fund to Another Record Year
Donors contribute more than $345,000
Engaging the support of more than 3,080 individuals and corporations, the 2006-2007 ESF Annual Fund “Made a World of Difference” by raising more than $345,000. These gifts help ensure that ESF can continue to grow beyond the confines of state funding and that students and faculty can in turn positively impact the world community.
The Annual Fund’s success was led by the 1911 Society, named for the year of ESF’s founding. Its members are those who have given an annual unrestricted gift of at least $1,911 to the ESF Annual Fund. During the past year, membership in the 1911 Society increased by 25 percent, from 32 members to 40. 1911 Society members contributed more than $100,000 to the Annual Fund, or almost 30 percent of all dollars raised, with an average gift of more than $2,500.
But these were not the only outstanding numbers for the Annual Fund.
The commitment of all donors continues to set records. The average Annual Fund gift of more than $100 reflects close to a 13 percent increase over the 2005-2006 campaign. Moreover, the total sum raised reflects a substantial 7 percent increase over last year’s amount. In 2006-2007, the Annual Fund raised $347,460, which marks a 4 percent increase over the previous year’s total; the average Annual Fund gift of $112 reflects a substantial 8.6 percent increase over last year’s average gift.
Not only do Annual Fund gifts — from alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends — allow ESF to continue in its mission of providing a high quality education at a reasonable cost, but they also help talented young people gain the skills and experience necessary to make a difference in the world. The Annual Fund provides direct assistance to students who will one day be working on some of the most pressing issues facing our society.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210