ESF Hauls out the Holly for Everson Museum’s Festival of Trees
November 30 through December 9
ESF will be decking the halls of the Everson Museum in December. The College has donated a decorated wreath to the annual Festival of Trees.
The ESF wreath, “Adirondack Christmas,” celebrates the holiday season as experienced from the College’s nearly 20,000 acres of teaching, research and demonstration properties within the Adirondacks. The wreath is adorned with ornaments featuring native Adirondack animals — moose, bear, and birds – whimsically enjoying environmentally friendly recreational activities such as skiing, fishing, and sledding.
ESF operates The Ranger School in Wanakena, where students study forest technology and land surveying technology; the Adirondack Ecological Center in Newcomb, where researchers provide the science that underpins the management of the park; and Pack Demonstration Forest in Warrensburg, which hosts environmental education camps run by the state Department of Environmental Conservation.
The Festival of Trees runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 30 through December 9.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210