SUNY-ESF Students Join 350.org Event
Effort calls attention to finding solutions to climate change
SUNY-ESF students, joined by some faculty and staff members, gathered on the ESF quad Oct. 22 to form the number 350 to support the International Day of Climate Action.
The effort was spearheaded by 350.org, an international campaign that is focused on finding solutions to climate change. The number 350 refers to 350 parts per million, the level that has been identified as the safe upper limit for carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
At ESF, scores of students took a quick break from their studies at lunchtime and gathered for a photo in response to 350.org's suggestion that supporters incorporate the number 350 at an iconic location in their community. The ESF Quad has, for many years, been a centerpiece for campus activity.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210