Joshua CousinsAssistant Professor
219 Marshall Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
315-470-6576 | 315-470-6636
- PhD, School of Natural Resources & Environment, University of Michigan
- MS, Geography, Portland State University
- BA, Geography, University of Colorado
- Urban political ecology
- Science and technology studies
- Critical infrastructure studies
- Water policy, planning, and governance
- Urban sustainability
- Political-industrial ecology
- Climate change adaptation planning
- Cousins, Joshua J. 2018. Remaking stormwater as a resource: Technology, law, and citizenship. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Water 5 (5):e1300. http://doi.wiley.com/10.1002/wat2.1300.
- Cousins, Joshua J. 2017. Structuring Hydrosocial Relations in Urban Water Governance. Annals of the American Association of Geographers 107 (5):1144–1161.
- Cousins, Joshua J. 2017. Of floods and droughts: The uneven politics of stormwater in Los Angeles. Political Geography 60:34–46.
- Cousins, Joshua J. 2017. Infrastructure and institutions: Stakeholder perspectives of stormwater governance in Chicago. Cities 66:44–52.
- Newell, Joshua P., Joshua J. Cousins, and Jennifer Baka. 2017. Political-industrial ecology: An introduction. Geoforum 85:319–323.
- Cousins, Joshua J. 2017. Volume control: Stormwater and the politics of urban metabolism. Geoforum 85:368–380.
- Newell, Joshua P., and Joshua J. Cousins. 2015. The boundaries of urban metabolism: Towards a political-industrial ecology. Progress in Human Geography 39 (6):702–728.
- Cousins, Joshua J., and Joshua P. Newell. 2015. A political–industrial ecology of water supply infrastructure for Los Angeles. Geoforum 58:38–50.
- Fang, Andrew J., Joshua P. Newell, and Joshua J. Cousins. 2015. The energy and emissions footprint of water supply for Southern California. Environmental Research Letters 10 (11):114002.
- EST 426 Community Planning & Sustainability
- EST 427/627 Environmental and Energy Auditing
- EST 696 Sustainable Urban Development