Step 1: Select a Program
Before submitting an application for education abroad, you must choose a program from programs. If you can’t find a program that meets your needs, don’t hesitate to reach out to OIE at email@example.com for advice and assistance. There is always a program for everybody!
Step 2: Apply to the Study Abroad Program
- To apply for a Short-Term International Program, please reach out to the faculty instructor directly.
- To apply for an ESF Exchange Program, please complete the ESF Exchange Application. The deadlines for submission of the applications are:
- October 1 for Spring
- March 1 for Summer or Fall
- If you are applying for an ESF Semester Study Abroad Program, whether through an ESF partner or another SUNY institution, they will have their own application and requirements. Refer to the website of your selected program for more information on their unique application requirements, deadlines, and eligibility.
Step 3: Complete ESF Off-Campus Education Request Form
- If you are applying for an ESF Exchange Program, you may skip this section.
- If you are applying for an ESF Partner Study Abroad Program please complete the ESF Partner Study Abroad Application to receive ESF approval for your program participation
- As part of the application, you must complete an Academic Plan Form with your Academic Advisor and Curriculum Coordinator and upload it into the application.
- The deadlines for submission of the ESF Partner Study Abroad Application are:
- November 1 for Spring
- April 1 for Summer or Fall
Step 4: Complete Post-Acceptance Paperwork
Once your request has been approved, you will receive an email with some post-acceptance paperwork and other requirements. Be sure to complete all follow-up requirements for both ESF and your education abroad program provider to maintain eligibility for participation.