Skip to main contentSkip to footer content

FAQs - Summer Session

Yes! Non-matriculated persons may take courses at SUNY ESF. Please see the Visiting Student page for more information.

 This depends on your student status:

  • ESF Students - Register by completing a SUNY ESF Registration Form (commonly known as the "Add/Drop Form") available from the Registrar's office. MySlice is not available for ESF Summer Registration.

  • Incoming ESF Freshman and Transfer students - register as Visiting Students (see below) and transfer ESF Summer Semester classes in to your program when you are matriculated. Please check with your Admissions Counselor (315-470-6600) to make sure the class(es) you take will be accepted into your program.


  • Visiting Students - Please check the  Visiting Student page .

  • Syracuse University Students - For ESF Summer Semester courses, you will register as a visiting student, using the Visiting Student Registration Form. MySlice is not available for ESF Summer Registration.

All billing and tuition rate questions should be directed to the Bursar’s Office (Phone: 315-470-6652)

This depends on your student status:

  • Matriculated SUNY ESF students may qualify for some financial aid.  Contact SUNY ESF’s Financial Aid and Scholarships Office for more information (113 Bray Hall, 315.470.6670).
  • Non-matriculated (visiting) students are not eligible for federal, state, and/or institutional financial aid for SUNY ESF Summer Semester.

Summer Semester students may inquire about accommodations in Centennial Hall by contacting the Community Manager by email at

Academic advising is available to SUNY ESF visiting students.  Contact the Assistant Director of Special Sessions, Sara Yurka for more information and resources.

The following excerpt from the ESF Catalog explains the numbering of the courses:

  • 100-499 Undergraduate courses for which no graduate credit may be given.
  • 500-599 Graduate courses designed expressly for areas of specialization in post-baccalaureate programs. Qualified undergraduate students may enroll with permission of the instructor.
  • 600-699 Graduate courses designed expressly for advanced levels of specialization. Undergraduate students with a cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or better may enroll in these courses with an approved petition.
  • 700-999 Advanced graduate level courses for which no undergraduate students may register.

During the Summer only, the student may email the registrar’s office ( giving notice of intent to drop.. MySlice cannot be used to drop a course. You must inform the Registrar directly that you wish to drop (see above), you may still be considered enrolled in the course and will be billed accordingly. Note that non-attendance, non-participation and/or non-payment is not sufficient notice of intent to drop a course

The Summer Semester team is ready to help advise you through the ESF Summer Semester process. Please stop by our office (235 Gateway) or contact us at 315-470-6817 or email,