2023 Graduates of Distinction Awards
Do you know an outstanding ESF alum who deserves to be recognized for their achievements? Nominate them for a Graduate of Distinction Award!
The deadline for submissions for this year is June 30, 2023.
We are currently seeking nominations for the 2023 Graduates of Distinction awards in three categories:
- Lifetime Achievement
(reserved for alumni who have or will soon end their active careers),
- Notable Achievement
(for alumni who are in the early to mid-point of their careers), and our newest category,
- "Incipiens Quercu"
("beginning oak;" for our alumni who have graduated within the last decade or so and are demonstrating their commitment to ESF's environmental stewardship through their professional and/or volunteer work experience).
Please keep in mind that these awards are presented to those whose accomplishments might be considered "pioneering," whose work has positively affected society, or who are otherwise inspirational to students and fellow alumni. Alumni may nominate themselves and should not hesitate to do so.
You may also submit a paper nomination to the Graduate of Distinction Award Committee, c/o the Alumni Office (219 Bray Hall). Please include the following material:
- The name of the person being nominated with current contact information (name, address, phone/email).
- The name of the person making the nomination along with their current contact information and a letter of support.
- A vita or resume of the nominee with up to five pages of supporting material.
- Copies of citations or awards from other groups and organizations.
- Any other material such as endorsements from colleagues, etc.