ESF in the HS Students Honored with Racial Justice Awards
Youth awards go to two Syracuse residents
Two ESF in the High School students received youth awards from the Community Wide Diaglogue to End Racism.
Cimone S. Jordan, a junior at George W. Fowler High School in Syracuse, and Ella Kathleen Neville, a senior at Nottingham High School in Syracuse, were honored during the 2014 Racial Justice Award Ceremony at Syracuse Stage's Sutton Pavilion.
Both students are enrolled in the ESF in the High School college dual-enrollment program at their respective high schools.
The Racial Justice Award is presented annually to individuals in the Central New York community who are comitted to the principles of racial equity and have worked on the issue of ending racism for a considerable length of time, and whose efforts have produced change or will contribute to make a change in racial injustice.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210