Yaqi YouAssistant Professor
421 Baker Lab
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Environmental Microbiome Research Lab
You Lab website: http://environresearch.net/
We are recruiting:
- 1 PhD student (position available immediately) focusing on environmental microbiology and biotechnology.
- Undergraduate researchers are always welcome during academic year and summer.
More information on OUR WEBPAGE.
Emerging contaminants have profound impacts on microbial communities, the heart of many ecosystems. My research goal is to understand responses of microbial communities to emerging contaminants in both natural and engineered systems, and to translate this knowledge to innovative solutions for resource recovery and reuse, ecosystem sustainability, and public health improvement.
- Environmental microbiology and biotechnology
- Sustainable Food-Energy-Water nexus
- Sustainable nanotechnology
- Environmental health and pathogen exposure
- Antibiotic resistome expansion
ERE 596 Systems Microbiology and Biotechnology
ERE 596 Fate and Transport of Contaminants in Environmental Systems
ERE 480 Fate and Transport of Contaminants in Environmental Systems
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Environmental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
Google Scholar: https://goo.gl/jQiUt8
Selected Peer-Review Journal Articles
- Aho K, You Y, Lohse KA, Schwabedissen SG, Ledbetter RN, Magnuson TS. Biological soil crust bacterial communities and concomitant N-cycling traits vary along climatic and shrub cover gradients within a sagebrush steppe ecosystem. Revision submitted 2020.
- Struhs E, Mirkouei A, You Y, Mohajeri A. Techno-economic and environmental assessments for nutrient-rich biochar production from cattle manure: A case study in Idaho, USA. Applied Energy 2020, 279, 115782. DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2020.115782.
- Wu F, You Y, Werner D, Jiao S, Hu J, Zhang X, et al. Carbon nanomaterials affect carbon cycle-related functions of the soil microbial community and the coupling of nutrient cycles. Journal of Hazardous Materials 2020, 390, 122144. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2020.122144.
- Lin L, You Y, Pagilla K. Density-based separation of microbial functional groups in activated sludge. Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 2020, 17(1), 376. DOI: 10.3390/ijerph17010376.
- Hersh B, Mirkouei A, Sessions J, Rezaie B, You Y. A review and future directions on enhancing sustainability benefits across food-energy-water systems: The potential role of biochar-derived products. AIMS Environmental Science 2019, 6(5): 379-416. DOI: 10.3934/environsci.2019.5.379.
- Wu F, You Y, Zhang X, Zhang H, Chen W, Yang Y, et al. Effects of various carbon nanotubes on soil bacterial community composition and structure. Environmental Science & Technology 2019, 53(10), 5707-5716. DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.8b06909.
- Richter TS, Hazen TH, Lam D, Coles CL, Seidman JC, You Y, et al. Temporal variability of Escherichia coli diversity in the gastrointestinal tracts of Tanzanian children with and without exposure to antibiotics. mSphere 2018, 3(6): e00558-18. DOI: 10.1128/mSphere.00558-18.
- You Y, Song L, Nonyane BAS, Price LB, Silbergeld EK. Genomic differences between nasal Staphylococcus aureus from hog slaughterhouse workers and their communities. PLoS ONE 2018, 13(3), e0193820. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0193820.
- Das KK, You Y, Torres M, Barrios-Masias F, Wang X, Tao S, et al. Development and application of a digestion-Raman analysis approach for studying multiwalled carbon nanotube uptake in lettuce. Environmental Science: Nano 2018, 5, 659-668. DOI: 10.1039/C7EN01047H.