Skip to main contentSkip to footer content

Office of Business Affairs
Surplus Property

The Property Control Office is responsible for storing, redistributing, and disposing of all surplus property on campus. To request surplus furniture for your department/office you can either email the Property Control Office or call 315-470-6898 to set up an appointment to view the surplus furniture currently in storage. No tagged College property should ever be disposed of by the department. Property disposal should always be done by, or in conjunction with the Property Control Office, with the necessary signed documentation.

Scrap Computers and Electronics

All surplus computers and electronics in poor or scrap condition are recycled using certified electronics recyclers. At no time are these items to be placed in the trash. As a general rule, if it has a plug, recycle it. Please call the property control office for more details or to request a pickup.

Surplus or Scrap Mobile Phones

All surplus mobile phones are to be returned to the Purchasing Office for proper handling. At no time are these items to be placed in the trash. Please send the phone along with the charger, and all other accessories to the Purchasing Office in 100 Bray Hall. Please call the Purchasing Office at 315-470-4795 for more details or to request a pickup.

Disposal of Hazardous Substances

Surplus/disposal of hazardous substances (chemical, biological, etc.) should be done only with the prior approval of the Director of Environmental Health & Safety, ext. 6896. Warning -Removing surplus property from the campus for private or any other use is strictly prohibited. This includes taking property already designated for disposal via certified recycling methods or local refuse site.