Professor Ramarao Honored With Andrew Chase Award
Honor recognizes outstanding scientific contributions to field of forest bioproducts
Professor Bandaru V. Ramarao, a professor in ESF's Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering, was honored with this year's Andrew Chase Award from the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Forest Bioproducts Division (FBD) recognizing his outstanding scientific contributions to the field of forest bioproducts and leadership and service to the division.
Ramarao has been a professor at ESF since 1997 and has served as the director of the Empire State Paper Research Institute since 2003.
Ramarao's research contributions are in the area of transport processes and separations. He has researched moisture transport processes and water removal from lignocellulosics, including pulps. His primary area of research is in separation processes and has led to commercial applications. He also serves as an editor of Separation and Purification Technology.
Ramarao has served in leadership roles of the AIChE's FBD for many years, as programming chair and division chair.
The award was presented at the 2014 AIChE Annual Meeting in Atlanta, Ga., which is attended by more than 8,000 delegates from around the world.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210