State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
Dale Bryk presentation April 23 highlights Earth Week at ESF
Dale Bryk, New York state deputy secretary for energy and environment, will speak at 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 23, at the Gateway Center on the campus of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Her topic is "Realizing the Green New Deal."
Bryk serves as Governor Andrew Cuomo's senior policy advisor. She oversees New York's nation-leading clean energy and environmental agenda and directs the agencies and authorities responsible for developing and implementing the state policies and initiatives needed to build a sustainable clean-energy economy and combat climate change, such as the Green New Deal, the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative and the New York Green Bank.
Prior to this role, Bryk served in a variety of positions at the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), including chief planning officer, director of programs, and director of the Energy and Transportation Program. Throughout her 21 years at NRDC, she worked to develop and implement climate, energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean transportation policies. From 2002 to 2010, she also taught the Environmental Law Clinic at Yale Law School. Before joining NRDC, she practiced corporate law in New York. She holds a bachelor's degree from Colgate University, a master's from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University and a J.D. from Harvard Law School. She is based in New York City.
Her appearance at ESF is part of the college's Earth Week festivities.
Recent ESF News
- Dr. Lemir Teron to Be Honored as Unsung Hero
- New Department Name Reflects Growth in Academic Programs
- ‘Transformational’ Gift from Templeton Foundation Supports Chestnut Restoration
- ESF Professor’s Poetry Book Addresses #MeToo Topics
- AIC Hosts First Day Hike in the Adirondacks
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210