Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry has named Dr. Maureen O'Neill Fellows interim Vice President for Research and Operations Manager, and Lisa Schwabenbauer as interim Deputy Operations Manager, effective Sept. 1, 2020. The College expects to conduct a formal search for a Vice President for Research once a new president is named.
As the interim Vice President for Research, Fellows will lead, support, and bring visibility to the research programs at the College. Working with the Offices of Research Programs, Research Finance and Analytical and Technical Services, she will help identify research opportunities, support faculty and staff to compete for funding, fulfill compliance requirements, and develop multidisciplinary initiatives.
As the interim Deputy Operations Manager, Schwabenbauer will advise, support, and represent the interim vice president of research on matters related to the Research Foundation operations. She will provide consultation and basic training to all campus offices involved in Research Foundation activities to help ensure compliance and will coordinate on policy and best practice development used to administer grants and contracts.
"The College is grateful to Dr. Fellows and Ms. Schwabenbauer for their willingness to assume these additional duties," said Joseph L. Rufo, Officer-in-Charge, CFO, and Vice President for Administration. "These are pivotal roles at ESF. Our researchers are recognized internationally for paradigm-shifting and forwarding-thinking discoveries that improve our reality in every facet of life."
Fellows will continue in her role as the Vice President for Government and External Relations at ESF overseeing the Office of Alumni Relations, the Development Office and Institutional Research. As VP for Government Relations she links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate opportunities and develop relationships. Fellows assists faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region.
Schwabenbauer, a Sponsored Programs Associate with the College's Research Foundation, currently supports faculty and investigators in the administration of pre- and post-award sponsored research programs and helps to assure compliance with federal and sponsor regulations.
Recent ESF News
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
- Dr. Kimmerer Elected Member of American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- ESF Launches Master of Engineering Degree
- Paper Engineering Students Give Office Paper Second Life
- Mighty Oaks Track Team Returns to the Track
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Recycling Website on Earth Day
- City and County Mark April 22 as SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Honored With Chancellorís Award for Student Excellence
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNYís 2021 Mascot Madness
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210