ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (OIDE), NAMI Syracuse and Partners to Launch ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness to Promote Mental Health Awareness During COVID Pandemic
ESF community members are invited to participate in the campaign launch of the "ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness."
In 2018, under the direction of Chief Diversity Officer Dr. Malika Carter, various ESF departments and NAMI Syracuse launched CEO's Against Stigma, a campaign that addressed stigma in work and learning spaces. That effort informed community-based climate surveys, post-pandemic business analyses and engagement with community and leaders internal and external to ESF. After a successful pilot that confirmed paths forward, the CEOs Against Stigma pilot initiative has transformed to ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness.
The campaign's launch will include a short program (synchronous - in real-time) and pledge signing (asynchronous - not in real-time) by President Joanie Mahoney.
Register here and join us to commemorate ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness on Monday, Feb. 15, which will air on ESF and OIDE Social Media platforms, including Facebook Live, Instagram, we will also showcase OIDE's new Gather Town platform from 4 - 4:30 p.m. ET.
Visit these same platforms for synchronous and asynchronous discussions that will continue throughout the semester that are designed to encourage students, staff and faculty to discuss the stigma of mental illness in relation to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To see the full schedule of ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness campaign events, visit the OIDE Linktree: https://linktr.ee/esfdiversity
Lead supporters: The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (OIDE); Marla Byrnes, NAMI Syracuse, Ellen Brown and Amy McLaughlin, Human Resources; Nan Clark, Employee Assistance Program; Ruth Larson and Maggie McCurdy, Counseling Services; Interim Chief Robert Dugan, University Police; Jennifer Keating, Choose Action Network Project Coordinator, Dr. Anne Lombard and Mary Triano, Division of Student Affairs; Stephanie Specchio, Communications and Marketing; Joanie Mahoney, ESF President.
If you have any questions, contact Dr. Malika Carter, Chief Diversity Officer, ESF Office of Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Recent ESF News
- ESF Weather Alert: Dangerously Cold Wind
- Dr. Chang Geun Yoo Receives NSF CAREER Award
- New SUNY Chancellor John B. King Visits ESF
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Statewide Zero Waste Call for Projects
- Staff Spotlight: Tyler Dorholt
- Mighty Oak Monday: Alex Paonessa
- Dr. Fred Agyeman Earns Honorable Mention for SUNY Chancellorís Distinguished PhD Dissertation
- ESF Adds EV Truck to Its University Police Fleet
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks ESF Among Best Online Programs
- Tell an Inspiring Story to Help Move the Planet Forward
- Staff Spotlight: Jacob Gedetsis
- ESF Chestnut Project Seeks Public Comment
- ESF Welcomes New Students for Spring Semester
- Governor Hochul Announces Green Purchasing Communities Program
- ESF Joins Global Alliance, Pledging Commitment to Protect Nature
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210