ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (OIDE), NAMI Syracuse and Partners to Launch ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness to Promote Mental Health Awareness During COVID Pandemic
ESF community members are invited to participate in the campaign launch of the "ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness."
In 2018, under the direction of Chief Diversity Officer Dr. Malika Carter, various ESF departments and NAMI Syracuse launched CEO's Against Stigma, a campaign that addressed stigma in work and learning spaces. That effort informed community-based climate surveys, post-pandemic business analyses and engagement with community and leaders internal and external to ESF. After a successful pilot that confirmed paths forward, the CEOs Against Stigma pilot initiative has transformed to ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness.
The campaign's launch will include a short program (synchronous - in real-time) and pledge signing (asynchronous - not in real-time) by President Joanie Mahoney.
Register here and join us to commemorate ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness on Monday, Feb. 15, which will air on ESF and OIDE Social Media platforms, including Facebook Live, Instagram, we will also showcase OIDE's new Gather Town platform from 4 - 4:30 p.m. ET.
Visit these same platforms for synchronous and asynchronous discussions that will continue throughout the semester that are designed to encourage students, staff and faculty to discuss the stigma of mental illness in relation to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To see the full schedule of ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness campaign events, visit the OIDE Linktree: https://linktr.ee/esfdiversity
Lead supporters: The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (OIDE); Marla Byrnes, NAMI Syracuse, Ellen Brown and Amy McLaughlin, Human Resources; Nan Clark, Employee Assistance Program; Ruth Larson and Maggie McCurdy, Counseling Services; Interim Chief Robert Dugan, University Police; Jennifer Keating, Choose Action Network Project Coordinator, Dr. Anne Lombard and Mary Triano, Division of Student Affairs; Stephanie Specchio, Communications and Marketing; Joanie Mahoney, ESF President.
If you have any questions, contact Dr. Malika Carter, Chief Diversity Officer, ESF Office of Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Recent ESF News
- ESF Highlights Student Research on National GIS Day
- Dr. Theresa Selfa Appointed Environmental Studies Chair
- ESF Women’s Soccer Team Clinches National Championship
- ESF Cross Country Teams are National Champs
- Faculty Spotlight - Dr. Nicholas Pflug
- Faculty Spotlight – Dr. Joshua Drew
- ESF’s Mark Lichtenstein Honored Lifetime Achievement Award by National Recycling Coalition
- Dr. Samuel B. Mukasa Joins ESF as Executive Vice President and Provost
- ESF Senior Accepted to SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Faculty Spotlight – Dr. Cynthia J. Downs
- SUNY ESF Listed in Top 10 of Top 50 Green Colleges
- ESF to Induct 2021 Class into Athletic Hall of Fame
- Faculty Spotlight - Dr. Yaqi You
- SUNY ESF’s Dr. Mariann Johnston Named Society of American Foresters Fellow
- SUNY ESF Awarded Prestigious National Science Foundation Grant
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210