Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
The College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) honored Paul Tremont '78, retired CEO of SRC, Inc., and Rick Fedrizzi, executive chairman of the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI) by presenting them with the Sol Feinstone Environmental Award.
Tremont recently retired as CEO from SRC Inc. after 35 years with the not-for-profit research and development company. He played a critical role in the development and success of SRC during his tenure. Guided by Tremont, SRC significantly increased partnerships with community organizations and was instrumental in creating the SRC Graduate Fellowship at ESF.
Tremont serves on numerous boards and has provided years of service to ESF. He completed a nine-year term as a director of ESF College Foundation and currently serves on the Abby Lane Housing Corporation Board of Directors. He is a long-time member of the ESF 1911 Society.
Tremont is a 1978 ESF graduate where he earned a bachelor's degree in resource management and forestry. He earned a master's of business administration with a concentration in management science from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Fedrizzi joined the IWBI as chair and CEO in November 2016, bringing his global environmental record of accomplishment and business insight to IWBI's work to advance human health through better buildings and communities. Fedrizzi currently serves as IWBI's executive chairman.
He is the founding chair of the U.S. Green Building Council and former CEO of both USGBC and of Green Business Certification Inc., nonprofit organizations that promote high-performing buildings and communities. During his tenure, LEED became the world's most widely used green building rating system.
Fedrizzi is a native of Syracuse, New York, with a master of business administration from Syracuse University. He serves on numerous boards and advisory councils, including the ESF Board of Trustees.
The annual Feinstone Awards dinner took place virtually May 20. You can watch the presentation here.
The Feinstone program has made more than 100 awards, honoring individuals from across the United States for their significant contributions to protecting the environment, promoting the wise use and management of our country's natural resources, and promoting the spirit of volunteerism.
Sol Feinstone, a widely known historian and author who was a graduate of ESF, established the Feinstone awards program in 1976. His goal was to reward people and organizations that exemplified his belief that the best insurance for a free society lay in people's desire and ability to do voluntarily the things that need to be done for the good of all.
Recent ESF News
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along Californiaís Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESFís Bachelorís in Forestry Ranked No. 1
- ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
- ESF Researchers Receive GLRC Grant
- Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellorís Awards
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching Award
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Exemplary Researcher Award
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2021
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210