Welcome! Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a supplementary service provided in cooperation with libraries around the world to help the ESF campus community obtain materials needed for research and study that are not available at Moon Library. ILL service is available to current faculty, staff, and students of the College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
Books and theses are borrowed from lending libraries and individual journal articles are scanned and sent electronically from lending libraries. While most materials can be obtained, few libraries will lend whole periodicals, reference books, textbooks, media materials, rare books, e-books, or current publications (i.e. published in the last year). The speed with which requests get filled varies greatly, depending on the type and rarity of material requested, where it is located geographically, and the form in which it is supplied.
Submit a Request
To submit an interlibrary loan request, please follow these steps:
- Log in to the ILLiad system with your ILLiad username and password.
- On menu near the top of the page under 'New Requests,' select which type of material you are requesting
- Fill out all the fields with the red asterisk next to them.
- Tip: Fill out as much information as you know - dates, page numbers, and where you found the citation are especially helpful
- Click the 'Submit Request' button at the bottom of the request form
- Library staff will process your request as quickly as possible
How to renew your ILL book:
- Log in to your ILL account.
- In the Checked Out Items box at the top of the page, click the 5-digit number next to the book you want to renew.
- Click the Renew Request button at the top of the new page that opens.
- If there is no button or one renewal has already been requested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting another renewal.
What happens next:
- The renewal request is sent to the lending library which will confirm or deny the renewal request.
- You will receive an email with either a new due date or a statement saying the book cannot be renewed.
- Requesting a renewal in your ILL account does not automatically guarantee the book will be renewed.
- Renewal requests must be made before the due date.
- If the renewal request is denied, the book must be returned by the original due date.
- Often only one renewal is allowed, but you can contact the ILL office for further renewals.