Division of Student Affairs
Location and Hours
110A Bray Hall - new private entrance from student affairs!
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Call 315-470-4716 to schedule or change an appointment.
- If you are having a mental health crisis during business hours, 8 am - 4:30 pm, call 315-470-4716, we offer crisis appointments during 10 am - 11 am or 2 pm -3 pm
- If you are having a mental health crisis and want to speak to a counselor after hours: call 315-470-4716
- If you need to reach University Police for an urgent matter: call 315-470-6666
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
The Counseling Center provides comprehensive mental health services to support student’s well-being, contribute to their personal and academic success, and foster a healthy campus community.
Stop by or call 315-470-4716 to make an appointment! We are able to serve all students in a timely manner and can schedule appointments to avoid disrupting their academic schedule.
What We Offer
- Counseling – Individual, Couples or Group
- Crisis Services
- Consultations - if you are concerned about a friend or loved one, or not ready to start counseling, but want to meet with a counselor
- Assessment and Referral
- Educational Programming - Education and Resources on a wide variety of mental health topics - Look for us tabling in Gateway!
- *If you would like The Counseling Center to provide an educational workshop for you class, club or organization, please contact us at: 315-470-4716 or email Erica at email@example.com
We offer walk in crisis appointments, meaning you can walk in and be seen during our crisis hours, or can call 315-470-4716 to schedule. Crisis intervention is not a typical counseling session and will typically be about 20 minutes. The goal is to assess student’s safety then work to reduce the level of distress for the student to return to typical level of functioning.
We offer walk in crisis appointments Monday – Friday at:
- 10:00 a.m.
- 10:20 a.m.
- 10:40 a.m.
- 2:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m.
- 2:40 p.m.
Meet the Staff
Erica Allen, Director of Counseling
Erica is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with over 12 years of professional experience in the field. Throughout her career, Erica has worked within community mental health and educational settings where she has honed her skills in providing comprehensive counseling services to students from diverse backgrounds. Erica understands the courage it takes to come in for counseling and believes in empowering students to overcome obstacles, develop resilience, and achieve their full potential.
As the Director of Counseling, Erica plays a pivotal role in overseeing the counseling department and developing comprehensive programs that address the unique needs of students. Her expertise and passion make her an invaluable resource.
Joelle Conant, Staff Therapist
Joelle is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker from Syracuse, New York. She obtained her Master of Social Work degree from Syracuse University and is also a certified Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinical Specialist. Her areas of focus include relationship problems, grief and loss, anxiety, depression and college transitions. She has experience in case management as well as substance abuse counseling. Joelle provides students with harm reduction strategies to address substance use concerns and support academic success. She believes in using a Strength-Based approach to support students in meeting their personal life goals. She is a member of the American Counseling Association.
Lauren Becksted, Administrative Assistant I
Since joining the Counseling Center in 2020, Lauren has built a reputation as an indispensable member of the team. Her extensive background in office administration enables her to excel in a variety of tasks. Her strong communication skills make her particularly adept at handling phone calls and coordinating with clients. Her attention to detail, organizational skills, and dedication to her career have made her a pillar of the department. She is a valuable liaison between different departments, ensuring smooth communication and collaboration. Lauren is a valuable resource for students and supports them in navigating their path.