ESF Board of Trustees Development, Support & Oversight
- Bylaws or the Board of Trustees of the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (PDF)
Appointed by Governor
- Chair: Matthew J. Marko, Syracuse
- Vice Chair: William Fisher, Camillus
- John Bartow, Ballston Spa
- Linda Brown-Robinson, Syracuse
- Vita DeMarchi, Manlius
- Steven "Rick" Fedrizzi, Syracuse
- Daniel T. Fitts, Lake Placid
- Student Trustee: Edward Wozny, Saint James
Ex officio Trustees:
- Chancellor, State University of New York, Albany
- Chancellor, Syracuse University, Syracuse
- Lieutenant Governor, State of New York, Albany
- Commissioner, Department of Education, Albany
- Commissioner, Department of Environmental Conservation, Albany
- Joseph L. Rufo, CFO and Vice President for Administration, SUNY-ESF, Syracuse
2020 Full Board Meetings
2020 Committee Meetings
Lands and Trust Committee
Sustainable Finance Committee
Sustainable Operations Committee
If you are unable to access archived meeting materials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes on the Audio Archive
Article 121 §6003 of New York State Education Law states that SUNY-ESF shall have a 15-member Board of Trustees consisting of nine members appointed by the governor and one member elected from among the students of the College. The remaining five members shall be ex officio and include the lieutenant governor, state commissioner of education, chancellor of the state university, the state commissioner of environmental conservation, and the chancellor of Syracuse University.
Board officers are a chair, vice chair and secretary. All officers serve for a term of two years.
The Board of Trustees meets four times annually. Advance notice is provided as required by the Open Meetings Law. Meetings are open to the public and will be recorded digitally. Past meetings will be archived as video or audio recordings, and will be accessible from this site.