Information for International Students
At ESF, we value the global perspectives that our international students bring to the classroom and campus.
International students may apply for entry as a first-year student if they will be enrolling immediately following the completion of secondary school or as a transfer student if they have previously completed college or university level coursework after graduation from secondary school.
In addition to submitting the application forms and credentials required of all applicants, international students will need to submit additional documentation of their proficiency in the English language, their ability to meet the financial obligations which will be incurred during the first year of attendance at the College and official academic records in English, or translation of these records by a SUNY ESF approved agency.
Once the application is received, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will send additional information on how to set-up your ESF Applicant portal in order to track the submission of the documents required for consideration by the Admissions Committee.
- More information on applying to SUNY ESF as an international student
- International Students website (detailed information)
For assistance, contact:
Mr. Thomas Fletcher
Associate Director of Admissions
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
SUNY – ESF
1 Forestry Drive
218 Gateway Center
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6600
Fax: (315) 470-6933
Application Filing Dates
- All applicants Recommended Filing Date: November 15, 2022*
- Early Action First-Year Deadline: Deadline extended to December 1
- Regular First-Year Recommended Filing Date: January 15, 2023*
- Guaranteed Transfer Recommended Filing Date: January 15, 2023*
- Transfer Recommended Filing Date: February 15, 2023*
*Applications will still be accepted after this date and will be considered for admission on a space available basis.
Spring and Fall 2023 Applicants
As of August 1, 2022 both The Common Application and ApplySUNY application are open for 2023 entry terms.
TOEFL DI: 2530
NYS TAP: 0950