ESF Named Best Value College, Ranked No. 1 Public School for Making an Impact
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), the most distinguished institution in the nation that focuses on the study of the environment, was named one of the nation's best colleges for students seeking a great education with excellent career preparation and at a relatively affordable price by the Princeton Review. The education services company also named ESF the Best Public School for Making an Impact, ranking the College No. 1 out of 20 U.S. higher education institutions ranked in the annual list.
"Our faculty is at the forefront of research in areas such as species restoration, the bioeconomy, climate change, and environmental justice and health, and our students learn and work alongside them in a coordinated effort to improve our world," said ESF president Joanie Mahoney "We are thrilled to have ESF be named the top public college in the country for Making an Impact and we're extremely proud of this recognition."
Overall, ESF was included in the following lists from The Princeton Review:
- Best Value College: ESF is one of 209 institutions to earn this designation. Out of more than 650 colleges and universities surveyed for the 2022 list, the schools chosen were ones that earned the highest return on investment ratings based on more than 40 data points that covered academics, affordability, and career preparation.
- No. 1 - Top 20 Best Schools for Making an Impact (Public Schools): This ranking is based on student survey responses to questions covering community service opportunities, student government, sustainability efforts, and on-campus student engagement. ESF is the only SUNY school and New York-based institution on the list.
- No. 9 - Top 20 Best Schools for Financial Aid (Public Schools): This ranking measures how much financial aid a school awards and how satisfied students are with that aid.
- No. 18 - Top 20 Best Schools for Internships (Public Schools): This ranking is based on student ratings of accessibility of internship placement. ESF is the only SUNY school on the list.
Access ESF's profile here.
"The schools we chose as our Best Value Colleges for 2022 are a select group: they comprise only about 7% of the nation's four-year undergraduate institutions," said Rob Franek, editor-in-chief of The Princeton Review. "We commend their administrators, faculties, staff, and alumni for all they are doing to educate their students and guide them to success in their careers. These colleges are also exceptional for the generous amount of financial aid they award to students with need and/or for their comparatively low cost of attendance."
Recent ESF News
- ESF Celebrates Campus Sustainability Month
- Staff Spotlight: Diana Jaramillo
- Mighty Oak Monday – Katherine Flores
- Staff Spotlight: Aaron Knight
- ESF Shares a Century of Knowledge about Wood
- ESF Partners with State Agencies to Promote Climate-Smart Farms and Forests
- SUNY ESF Ranked No. 1 for Sustainability Curriculum
- Alumni Profile: ESF Tramily (‘Trail-Family') Complete 2,200 Mile Trek through the Appalachian Trail
- Staff Spotlight: Melissa Vaughn
- Mighty Oak Monday: Emme Christie
- ESF Honors Newest Members of ESF Athletic Hall of Fame
- ESF’s Dr. Lemir Teron Named Richard P. Nathan Public Policy Fellow
- ESF's Dr. Benette Whitmore launches Funky Foodies, Inc. Podcast in Partnership with WCNY/PBS
- ESF, VA Celebrate 10 Years of Connecting Veterans to Nature
- Staff Spotlight: James Sitnik
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210