College Careers Begin for ESF Freshmen
289 freshmen, 236 transfers among new students
The video associated with this story has been removed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) today began welcoming 525 new students, the largest number of news students to enroll at the College since the mid-1970s.
The new students include 289 freshmen and 236 transfer students. These students have come to ESF from 29 states and six countries outside the United States.
The freshmen class is 56 percent female, putting women in the class majority for only the second time in the College's 100-year history (the first was in 2009). Twenty five percent of the class is from outside New York state.
The freshmen enter ESF with the highest high school grades and college entrance examination scores (SAT/ACT) of any class on record. The College received 1,868 freshman applications and 882 transfer applications for fall term admission and accepted only 44 percent of the students who applied.
The College also expects to enroll approximately 140 new graduate students this fall, and will likely set a record for total College enrollment once all full-time and part-time students are registered.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210