Woodsmen’s Team Starts Season Strong
Women place first, men place second
The ESF Woodsmen's team started the season Oct. 2 at Finger Lakes Community College with an impressive performance.
Men's A, Women's A and Jack-and-Jill teams competed.
The women took first place, the men placed second and the Jack-and-Jill team placed second. For individual events, the Jack-and-Jill team placed first in the axe throw, chainsaw, triathlon, crosscut to Hell, pulp toss, pack board, and H-chop. The women's team placed first in the axe throw, triathlon, fire build, crosscut to Hell, canoeing, and pulp toss. The men placed first in axe throw, chainsaw, and H-chop.
"Overall it was a great meet and despite the rain and low temperatures we all had a great time," said Angela Marcoccia, social chair for the Woodsmen's team.
The team will compete next at Paul Smith's College Oct. 22nd.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210