Woodsmen’s Team Starts Season Strong
Women place first, men place second
The ESF Woodsmen's team started the season Oct. 2 at Finger Lakes Community College with an impressive performance.
Men's A, Women's A and Jack-and-Jill teams competed.
The women took first place, the men placed second and the Jack-and-Jill team placed second. For individual events, the Jack-and-Jill team placed first in the axe throw, chainsaw, triathlon, crosscut to Hell, pulp toss, pack board, and H-chop. The women's team placed first in the axe throw, triathlon, fire build, crosscut to Hell, canoeing, and pulp toss. The men placed first in axe throw, chainsaw, and H-chop.
"Overall it was a great meet and despite the rain and low temperatures we all had a great time," said Angela Marcoccia, social chair for the Woodsmen's team.
The team will compete next at Paul Smith's College Oct. 22nd.
Recent ESF News
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along California’s Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESF’s Bachelor’s in Forestry Ranked No. 1
- ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
- ESF Researchers Receive GLRC Grant
- Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellor’s Awards
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching Award
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Exemplary Researcher Award
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2021
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210