Woodsmen’s Team Starts Season Strong
Women place first, men place second
The ESF Woodsmen's team started the season Oct. 2 at Finger Lakes Community College with an impressive performance.
Men's A, Women's A and Jack-and-Jill teams competed.
The women took first place, the men placed second and the Jack-and-Jill team placed second. For individual events, the Jack-and-Jill team placed first in the axe throw, chainsaw, triathlon, crosscut to Hell, pulp toss, pack board, and H-chop. The women's team placed first in the axe throw, triathlon, fire build, crosscut to Hell, canoeing, and pulp toss. The men placed first in axe throw, chainsaw, and H-chop.
"Overall it was a great meet and despite the rain and low temperatures we all had a great time," said Angela Marcoccia, social chair for the Woodsmen's team.
The team will compete next at Paul Smith's College Oct. 22nd.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210