ESF Hosts Lumberjack Roundup
Transportation available for student spectators
More than 100 students from colleges in the Northeast will gather Saturday, March 24, to compete in the Seventh Annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup in Tully.
The competition, hosted by the ESF Woodsmen's team, will feature 25 teams of six from eight colleges in the Northeast. Team members will compete using traditional logging skills such as sawing, chopping, splitting, log rolling, pole climbing, fire building and more.
In addition to ESF and the ESF Ranger School in Wanakena, competitors will represent Penn State, the University of Connecticut, Finger Lakes Community College, Paul Smith's College and SUNY Cobleskill.
The event will be held on ESF-owned property along Route 281, off Interstate 81 South (Exit 14), in Tully. Bus transportation will be provided to ESF students wishing to attend the meet. It will leave from the ESF Physical Plant building at 10:30 a.m. and return to campus at 5 p.m.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210