ESF Hosts Lumberjack Roundup
Transportation available for student spectators
More than 100 students from colleges in the Northeast will gather Saturday, March 24, to compete in the Seventh Annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup in Tully.
The competition, hosted by the ESF Woodsmen's team, will feature 25 teams of six from eight colleges in the Northeast. Team members will compete using traditional logging skills such as sawing, chopping, splitting, log rolling, pole climbing, fire building and more.
In addition to ESF and the ESF Ranger School in Wanakena, competitors will represent Penn State, the University of Connecticut, Finger Lakes Community College, Paul Smith's College and SUNY Cobleskill.
The event will be held on ESF-owned property along Route 281, off Interstate 81 South (Exit 14), in Tully. Bus transportation will be provided to ESF students wishing to attend the meet. It will leave from the ESF Physical Plant building at 10:30 a.m. and return to campus at 5 p.m.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210