Cross-Country Men Third, Women Fifth at Oswego Invitational
Cambria Ziemer leads ESF women; Timmy Callahan first for men
The ESF men and women's cross-country teams did well at the SUNY Oswego Invitational Sept. 8, with the men placing third and the women finishing fifth.
Leading the way for the Mighty Oaks women was Cambria Ziemer, followed closely by Danielle Zgardinski, Danielle Kaveney, Emily Martin and Cara Keogh. Casey Cole and Jenny Frank also placed well. The women ran in a driving rainstorm with winds that gusted up to 25 mph.
Racing against some Division 3 powerhouses, including the University of Rochester and Ithaca College, the ESF men raced well. The top finisher for the Mighty Oaks men was Timmy Callahan followed closely by Stephen Slonosky, Brian Busby, Taylor Yerrick, Jeremy Driscoll, Jon Cleveland and Peter LeDuc. Right behind them was a solid pack of Mighty Oaks, led by Jacob Wolfgong, that included Matt Deluca, Ethan Washburn, Caleb Rudge, Andrew Gritzmacher James McKenna and Kai Crannell.
The Mighty Oaks return to action Sept. 22 at SUNY Cortland.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210