Cross-Country Men Third, Women Fifth at Oswego Invitational
Cambria Ziemer leads ESF women; Timmy Callahan first for men
The ESF men and women's cross-country teams did well at the SUNY Oswego Invitational Sept. 8, with the men placing third and the women finishing fifth.
Leading the way for the Mighty Oaks women was Cambria Ziemer, followed closely by Danielle Zgardinski, Danielle Kaveney, Emily Martin and Cara Keogh. Casey Cole and Jenny Frank also placed well. The women ran in a driving rainstorm with winds that gusted up to 25 mph.
Racing against some Division 3 powerhouses, including the University of Rochester and Ithaca College, the ESF men raced well. The top finisher for the Mighty Oaks men was Timmy Callahan followed closely by Stephen Slonosky, Brian Busby, Taylor Yerrick, Jeremy Driscoll, Jon Cleveland and Peter LeDuc. Right behind them was a solid pack of Mighty Oaks, led by Jacob Wolfgong, that included Matt Deluca, Ethan Washburn, Caleb Rudge, Andrew Gritzmacher James McKenna and Kai Crannell.
The Mighty Oaks return to action Sept. 22 at SUNY Cortland.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210