Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi 4-1
Second half starts with two quick goals
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's soccer team played a strong game against SUNY Delhi Sept. 12, coming away with a 4-1 victory.
ESF held a 1-0 lead at halftime after Kyle Siegal scored on an assist from Ross Volpe. The Mighty Oaks came out strong after the break, scoring twice in the first 10 minutes. Both of those goals were scored by Kyle Bardwell on assists from Siegal. ESF's fourth goal came from Steve Tyrrell, in the 77th minute, after an assist from Ryan Graig.
ESF played two goalkeepers, Mike Walczyk and Adam Belkadi, who combined for nine saves. ESF's offense had a total of 21 shots.
After the game, Mighty Oaks Captain Siegal said it was a "great overall team effort."
"Our bench came in and helped keep the momentum in our favor," he said.
When asked about his goal, the first of the match, Siegal was enthusiastic: "It was great beating the guy down the field and then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, GOAL! Felt phenomenal! We've had great combination play all year."
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210