Women's Soccer Team Tops IT 4-1
Powerful second half propels Mighty Oaks to win
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team earned a decisive 4-1 win over SUNY-IT Oct. 4.
After being down 1-0 in the first half, the team came out with determination and scored four goals in 13 minutes in the second half. Brooke Harris scored the first goal in the 56th minute, quickly followed by Jessica Straub in the 62nd minute. Bridget Cuddihy scored the next one in the 66th minute and Greta Garvey scored the final goal in the 69th minute after an assist from Straub.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had five and two saves respectively.
The ESF team benefitted from excellent midfield play by Jess Savo and Jessica Straub. Team captains Sue Fassler, Olivia Gagliardi, Harris, and Drew Gamils showed leadership when the team was down and kept their teammates motivated.
"We knew our season came down to how we played in the second half. Our team came out and took the game over," Harris said.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210