Women's Soccer Team Tops IT 4-1
Powerful second half propels Mighty Oaks to win
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team earned a decisive 4-1 win over SUNY-IT Oct. 4.
After being down 1-0 in the first half, the team came out with determination and scored four goals in 13 minutes in the second half. Brooke Harris scored the first goal in the 56th minute, quickly followed by Jessica Straub in the 62nd minute. Bridget Cuddihy scored the next one in the 66th minute and Greta Garvey scored the final goal in the 69th minute after an assist from Straub.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had five and two saves respectively.
The ESF team benefitted from excellent midfield play by Jess Savo and Jessica Straub. Team captains Sue Fassler, Olivia Gagliardi, Harris, and Drew Gamils showed leadership when the team was down and kept their teammates motivated.
"We knew our season came down to how we played in the second half. Our team came out and took the game over," Harris said.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210