ESF One of Princeton Review's Best Value Colleges
College recognized for stellar academics, affordability
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has been named one of the nation's 150 "Best Value" colleges and universities by The Princeton Review.
The college guide describes ESF as "nationally renowned" and quotes ESF students who described the college as "a small, personal school" with "tough coursework" where professors are "brilliant in their fields" as well as "supportive and easy to find and speak to." Students say they are impressed by faculty members who "can back up their teaching with real experiences."
The 150 "Best Value Colleges" were selected based on institutional data and student opinion surveys collected from 650 colleges and universities the company regards as the nation's best undergraduate institutions. Seventy-five public and 75 private colleges and universities were profiled.
The selection process analyzed more than 30 data points broadly covering academics, cost and financial aid. Data from students attending the schools included their assessments of professors and their satisfaction with financial aid awards.
"We commend SUNY-ESF and all of our extraordinary 2013 'Best Value Colleges' for their stellar academics and for all they are doing to make their colleges affordable, especially for applicants with need in these tough economic times," said Robert Franek, Princeton Review's senior vice president/publisher."
The Princeton Review, an educational services company, profiles ESF in its book, "The Best Value Colleges: 2013 Edition" (Random House / Princeton Review, $21.99, published February 5, 2013), and on a special area on its website at http://www.princetonreview.com/best-value-colleges.aspx
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210