SUNY Breaks Ground For Biotech Center
Former public housing project becomes research center
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if more information is required.Copyright © All Rights Reserved by copyright holder
Highlights of President Murphy's remarks at the groundbreaking ceremony for the new CNY Biotech Center.
Monday, July 13, 2009, Nancy L. Zimpher, the new State University of New York chancellor, was in Syracuse to take part in the groundbreaking for the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center being built between East Fayette and East Water Streets.
The center, a joint project of SUNY Upstate Medical University and the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, will be built on four-acres of the 14-acre former Kennedy Square public housing project. The project was built in the 1970s and suffered from declining occupancy and lack of maintenance.
The $20-million, 60,000-square-foot facility will create and support biotechnology, educational and research programs. The center will lease space to business involved in medical device development, medical research and biotechnology.
SUNY Upstate is seeking development ideas for the remaining 10 acres of the Kennedy Square site.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210