SUNY Breaks Ground For Biotech Center
Former public housing project becomes research center
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.Copyright © All Rights Reserved by copyright holder
Highlights of President Murphy's remarks at the groundbreaking ceremony for the new CNY Biotech Center.
Monday, July 13, 2009, Nancy L. Zimpher, the new State University of New York chancellor, was in Syracuse to take part in the groundbreaking for the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center being built between East Fayette and East Water Streets.
The center, a joint project of SUNY Upstate Medical University and the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, will be built on four-acres of the 14-acre former Kennedy Square public housing project. The project was built in the 1970s and suffered from declining occupancy and lack of maintenance.
The $20-million, 60,000-square-foot facility will create and support biotechnology, educational and research programs. The center will lease space to business involved in medical device development, medical research and biotechnology.
SUNY Upstate is seeking development ideas for the remaining 10 acres of the Kennedy Square site.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210