ESF’s LA Program Nationally Ranked
Undergraduate program tops in Northeast
The Department of Landscape Architecture at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is ranked among the nation's top programs in that discipline.
In rankings compiled by DesignIntelligence, the undergraduate program at ESF was ranked 13th in the United States, and the third best program in the East, along with Penn State and Cornell University. ESF's graduate program in landscape architecture was also ranked 13th nationally.
"The inclusion of both the bachelor and master's degree programs in the top 15 programs is unique and serves to affirm what is already well known: we have leading programs with a long history of graduating students who are accomplished in the field of landscape architecture," said Douglas M. Johnston, chair of the Department of Landscape Architecture. "With our unique Off-Campus Program, small class sizes, and diverse faculty, along with excellent students, it is a nice recognition that the programs are listed."
The magazine rankings were based on a survey of more than 300 professional landscape architecture firms asked to rank the strongest university programs.
DesignIntelligence is the Design Futures Council's bi-monthly report on the future, delivering original research, insightful commentary and instructive best practices.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210