ESF Basketball Teams Tops Steels of CIA
Mighty Oaks win three of last four games
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's basketball team defeated the Steels of the Culinary Institute of America Saturday 81-65.
The win was ESF's second straight and the third win in the last four games. The Mighty Oaks, led by sophomore Suthod Young, started the game with a 22-2 run. The score was 55-29 by the end of the first half. The Mighty Oaks continued to keep a 20-plus point lead, with 10 players finding their way into the scorebook.
ESF was led by junior Danny MacElrath (14 points), Young (12 points, 9 rebounds) and sophomore Sage Beemer (10 points) in a balanced scoring attack.
The Mighty Oaks look for their third straight victory Wednesday, Jan. 22, as they host Green Mountain College at 8 p.m. at the SRC Arena at Onondaga Community College. Attendance will be free of charge as ESF takes part in a triple-header with the Onondaga women's and men's teams, which will play at 4 and 6 p.m., respectively.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210