ESF Basketball Teams Tops Steels of CIA
Mighty Oaks win three of last four games
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's basketball team defeated the Steels of the Culinary Institute of America Saturday 81-65.
The win was ESF's second straight and the third win in the last four games. The Mighty Oaks, led by sophomore Suthod Young, started the game with a 22-2 run. The score was 55-29 by the end of the first half. The Mighty Oaks continued to keep a 20-plus point lead, with 10 players finding their way into the scorebook.
ESF was led by junior Danny MacElrath (14 points), Young (12 points, 9 rebounds) and sophomore Sage Beemer (10 points) in a balanced scoring attack.
The Mighty Oaks look for their third straight victory Wednesday, Jan. 22, as they host Green Mountain College at 8 p.m. at the SRC Arena at Onondaga Community College. Attendance will be free of charge as ESF takes part in a triple-header with the Onondaga women's and men's teams, which will play at 4 and 6 p.m., respectively.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210