ESF Basketball Teams Tops Steels of CIA
Mighty Oaks win three of last four games
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's basketball team defeated the Steels of the Culinary Institute of America Saturday 81-65.
The win was ESF's second straight and the third win in the last four games. The Mighty Oaks, led by sophomore Suthod Young, started the game with a 22-2 run. The score was 55-29 by the end of the first half. The Mighty Oaks continued to keep a 20-plus point lead, with 10 players finding their way into the scorebook.
ESF was led by junior Danny MacElrath (14 points), Young (12 points, 9 rebounds) and sophomore Sage Beemer (10 points) in a balanced scoring attack.
The Mighty Oaks look for their third straight victory Wednesday, Jan. 22, as they host Green Mountain College at 8 p.m. at the SRC Arena at Onondaga Community College. Attendance will be free of charge as ESF takes part in a triple-header with the Onondaga women's and men's teams, which will play at 4 and 6 p.m., respectively.
Recent ESF News
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210