ESF Basketball Teams Tops Steels of CIA
Mighty Oaks win three of last four games
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's basketball team defeated the Steels of the Culinary Institute of America Saturday 81-65.
The win was ESF's second straight and the third win in the last four games. The Mighty Oaks, led by sophomore Suthod Young, started the game with a 22-2 run. The score was 55-29 by the end of the first half. The Mighty Oaks continued to keep a 20-plus point lead, with 10 players finding their way into the scorebook.
ESF was led by junior Danny MacElrath (14 points), Young (12 points, 9 rebounds) and sophomore Sage Beemer (10 points) in a balanced scoring attack.
The Mighty Oaks look for their third straight victory Wednesday, Jan. 22, as they host Green Mountain College at 8 p.m. at the SRC Arena at Onondaga Community College. Attendance will be free of charge as ESF takes part in a triple-header with the Onondaga women's and men's teams, which will play at 4 and 6 p.m., respectively.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210