ESF Basketball Teams Tops Steels of CIA
Mighty Oaks win three of last four games
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's basketball team defeated the Steels of the Culinary Institute of America Saturday 81-65.
The win was ESF's second straight and the third win in the last four games. The Mighty Oaks, led by sophomore Suthod Young, started the game with a 22-2 run. The score was 55-29 by the end of the first half. The Mighty Oaks continued to keep a 20-plus point lead, with 10 players finding their way into the scorebook.
ESF was led by junior Danny MacElrath (14 points), Young (12 points, 9 rebounds) and sophomore Sage Beemer (10 points) in a balanced scoring attack.
The Mighty Oaks look for their third straight victory Wednesday, Jan. 22, as they host Green Mountain College at 8 p.m. at the SRC Arena at Onondaga Community College. Attendance will be free of charge as ESF takes part in a triple-header with the Onondaga women's and men's teams, which will play at 4 and 6 p.m., respectively.
Recent ESF News
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210