ESF’s McFee Finishes 2nd in Collegiate Timber Sport Championship
Three Woodsmen compete in nationals
ESF student Evan McFee finished second in January at the Collegiate Ironjack World Championship held at the Lumberjack Feud Sports Arena in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Junior Stephen Tramposch and seniors McFee and Max Wiesner took on some of the sport's top competitors in six disciplines over three days. Competitors were scored on these events: axe throw, speed birl, singlebuck sawing, chainsaw obstacle pole, 60' speed climb and standing block chop.
Tramposch and McFee advanced to the second round, with McFee continuing on to the final round of competition. In that final round, McFee posted two arena records. He climbed the 60' indoor pole in just 8.82 seconds to take first in the event and then set another record with a time of 14.20 seconds for 15 revolutions on the birling log.
ESF's timber sports team, the Woodsmen, began the spring semester by preparing for its home meet, scheduled for March 22 in Tully, N.Y.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210