Eastman Chemical Graduate Research Event Set Jan. 24
Students complete in area of sustainable materials
The Cellulose Research Institute at ESF will host the 8th annual Eastman Chemical Graduate Student Award program Friday, Jan. 24.
A total of $3,000 will be awarded to the students who make the three best presentations in the area of sustainable materials chemical sciences. Contestants' research posters can be viewed from 10 a.m. until noon in 408 Baker Laboratory, followed by pizza and soda for the attendees.
The panel of judges this year includes two scientists from Eastman Chemical's main research center in Kingsport, Tenn. Dr. Jacob Goodrich received a Ph.D. in chemistry from ESF in 2007. He also won a summer internship from Eastman in 2006. At Eastman, Goodrich originally worked in process chemistry but recently has taken on a new role and is leading a large group of scientists working on polymer coatings. The other judge from Eastman is Dr. Lisa Gibson, an advanced process development chemist at Eastman, who joined the company in 2011 after obtaining her Ph.D. at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.
Students presenting include Scott Bergey, Alex Levine, Byeong Cheol Min, Qiong (Gina) Song and Chris Wood.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210