Eastman Chemical Graduate Research Event Set Jan. 24
Students complete in area of sustainable materials
The Cellulose Research Institute at ESF will host the 8th annual Eastman Chemical Graduate Student Award program Friday, Jan. 24.
A total of $3,000 will be awarded to the students who make the three best presentations in the area of sustainable materials chemical sciences. Contestants' research posters can be viewed from 10 a.m. until noon in 408 Baker Laboratory, followed by pizza and soda for the attendees.
The panel of judges this year includes two scientists from Eastman Chemical's main research center in Kingsport, Tenn. Dr. Jacob Goodrich received a Ph.D. in chemistry from ESF in 2007. He also won a summer internship from Eastman in 2006. At Eastman, Goodrich originally worked in process chemistry but recently has taken on a new role and is leading a large group of scientists working on polymer coatings. The other judge from Eastman is Dr. Lisa Gibson, an advanced process development chemist at Eastman, who joined the company in 2011 after obtaining her Ph.D. at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.
Students presenting include Scott Bergey, Alex Levine, Byeong Cheol Min, Qiong (Gina) Song and Chris Wood.
Recent ESF News
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
- Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210