Students Honored for ‘Spotlight’ Presentations
Event highlights research by undergrads and graduate students
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if more information is required.Copyright © All Rights Reserved by copyright holder
Several ESF students received awards during the Spotlight on Student Research that was held on campus April 15 and 16. Approximately 75 posters were presented in both undergraduate and graduate student categories.
The following awards were presented at the Spotlight Awards Ceremony:
Tied for first place and winning $125 were chemistry student Eoghan Connors ("Green Synthesis of Pharmaceuticals Facilitated by Water-Soluble Dendritic Palladium Complexes") and environmental studies student Teagan Dolan ("Engaging and Empowering Appalachian Coal Communities through Water Quality").
Tied for third place and winning $75 were chemistry Student Josh Harris ("The Role of Genes PA2003-PA2005 in the Regulation of D-3 Hydroxybutyrate Metabolism in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1") and environmental science Student Marie Panossian ("Re-Evaluation of SUNY-ESF's CAP for Carbon Neutrality by 2015").
First place, with a $125 prize, went to environmental studies master's student Katelind Batill, ("Drilling Between the Lines: A Multi-State Media Analysis of the Risks and Benefits to Hydraulic Fracturing in the US").
Second place, with a $100 prize, went to environmental and forest biology Ph.D. candidate William Helenbrook ("Impact of Changing Landscapes on Gastrointestinal Parasite Communities in People and Mantled Howler Monkeys (Alouatta palliata aequatorialis)").
Third place, with a $75 prize, went to environmental and forest biology master's student Emily Gavard ("Exploring the Potential for Parasite-mediated Competition: New England and Eastern Cottontails, Invasive Vegetation and Parasites in the Hudson Valley, NY").
Recent ESF News
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
- Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210