Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi in Dramatic Fashion
Junior Zach Reda scores winning goal in overtime
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a game for the ages, defeating SUNY Delhi 2-1 in overtime.
The first half ended in a 0-0 draw. Delhi broke the ice with a goal by forward Dimitri Beauchamp early in the second half. Six minutes later, the Mighty Oaks countered with a goal by Owen Hennigan (assisted by Dillon Buchberg). Regulation time ended with a 1-1 tie. In overtime the Mighty Oaks came out gunning, creating several scoring opportunities. Zach Reda finally put the ball in the back of the net, making the score 2-1 and giving the Mighty Oaks the win.
"The ball doesn't seem to always find the net at the beginning, but with resilience and high intensity pressure, it's only a matter of time," said senior center back Wyatt Wesner.
The men's soccer team, now 5-0, quickly take the field again in Albany, Sept 14 versus Albany College of Pharmacy.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210