Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi in Dramatic Fashion
Junior Zach Reda scores winning goal in overtime
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a game for the ages, defeating SUNY Delhi 2-1 in overtime.
The first half ended in a 0-0 draw. Delhi broke the ice with a goal by forward Dimitri Beauchamp early in the second half. Six minutes later, the Mighty Oaks countered with a goal by Owen Hennigan (assisted by Dillon Buchberg). Regulation time ended with a 1-1 tie. In overtime the Mighty Oaks came out gunning, creating several scoring opportunities. Zach Reda finally put the ball in the back of the net, making the score 2-1 and giving the Mighty Oaks the win.
"The ball doesn't seem to always find the net at the beginning, but with resilience and high intensity pressure, it's only a matter of time," said senior center back Wyatt Wesner.
The men's soccer team, now 5-0, quickly take the field again in Albany, Sept 14 versus Albany College of Pharmacy.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210