Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi in Dramatic Fashion
Junior Zach Reda scores winning goal in overtime
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a game for the ages, defeating SUNY Delhi 2-1 in overtime.
The first half ended in a 0-0 draw. Delhi broke the ice with a goal by forward Dimitri Beauchamp early in the second half. Six minutes later, the Mighty Oaks countered with a goal by Owen Hennigan (assisted by Dillon Buchberg). Regulation time ended with a 1-1 tie. In overtime the Mighty Oaks came out gunning, creating several scoring opportunities. Zach Reda finally put the ball in the back of the net, making the score 2-1 and giving the Mighty Oaks the win.
"The ball doesn't seem to always find the net at the beginning, but with resilience and high intensity pressure, it's only a matter of time," said senior center back Wyatt Wesner.
The men's soccer team, now 5-0, quickly take the field again in Albany, Sept 14 versus Albany College of Pharmacy.
Recent ESF News
- Is Water Quality in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210