Women's Soccer Team Shuts Out Bryant & Stratton
Mighty Oaks cruise to a 6-0 win
From the opening whistle, the Mighty Oaks women's soccer dominated possession over the Bryant & Stratton Bobcats for most of the game on Sept. 21
After a couple near opportunities in the first half, Bridget Cuddihy chipped in a goal after a beautiful pass by freshman Shannon Gordinier. Roughly 10 minutes later, Heather Carl made the score 2-0 with a blast from close to 20 yards out. Near the end of the first half, Bryony Striffler took advantage of a miscue by the Bobcats' defense and knocked in an easy goal to give the Mighty Oaks a comfortable 3-0 halftime lead.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks continued to control the tempo and attack at will. Goals were scored by Cuddihy, Striffler and Makayla McCormick.
Kiki Hilmer continued her solid play in the goal with another shutout, the team's sixth shutout in a row.
The women's soccer team now improves to 6-0 and plays again Sep. 22 in the annual Queen of the Hill Cup versus Onondaga Community College.
Recent ESF News
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210