Women's Soccer Team Shuts Out Bryant & Stratton
Mighty Oaks cruise to a 6-0 win
From the opening whistle, the Mighty Oaks women's soccer dominated possession over the Bryant & Stratton Bobcats for most of the game on Sept. 21
After a couple near opportunities in the first half, Bridget Cuddihy chipped in a goal after a beautiful pass by freshman Shannon Gordinier. Roughly 10 minutes later, Heather Carl made the score 2-0 with a blast from close to 20 yards out. Near the end of the first half, Bryony Striffler took advantage of a miscue by the Bobcats' defense and knocked in an easy goal to give the Mighty Oaks a comfortable 3-0 halftime lead.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks continued to control the tempo and attack at will. Goals were scored by Cuddihy, Striffler and Makayla McCormick.
Kiki Hilmer continued her solid play in the goal with another shutout, the team's sixth shutout in a row.
The women's soccer team now improves to 6-0 and plays again Sep. 22 in the annual Queen of the Hill Cup versus Onondaga Community College.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210