Women's Soccer Team Shuts Out Bryant & Stratton
Mighty Oaks cruise to a 6-0 win
From the opening whistle, the Mighty Oaks women's soccer dominated possession over the Bryant & Stratton Bobcats for most of the game on Sept. 21
After a couple near opportunities in the first half, Bridget Cuddihy chipped in a goal after a beautiful pass by freshman Shannon Gordinier. Roughly 10 minutes later, Heather Carl made the score 2-0 with a blast from close to 20 yards out. Near the end of the first half, Bryony Striffler took advantage of a miscue by the Bobcats' defense and knocked in an easy goal to give the Mighty Oaks a comfortable 3-0 halftime lead.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks continued to control the tempo and attack at will. Goals were scored by Cuddihy, Striffler and Makayla McCormick.
Kiki Hilmer continued her solid play in the goal with another shutout, the team's sixth shutout in a row.
The women's soccer team now improves to 6-0 and plays again Sep. 22 in the annual Queen of the Hill Cup versus Onondaga Community College.
Recent ESF News
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210