Women's Soccer Team Shuts Out Bryant & Stratton
Mighty Oaks cruise to a 6-0 win
From the opening whistle, the Mighty Oaks women's soccer dominated possession over the Bryant & Stratton Bobcats for most of the game on Sept. 21
After a couple near opportunities in the first half, Bridget Cuddihy chipped in a goal after a beautiful pass by freshman Shannon Gordinier. Roughly 10 minutes later, Heather Carl made the score 2-0 with a blast from close to 20 yards out. Near the end of the first half, Bryony Striffler took advantage of a miscue by the Bobcats' defense and knocked in an easy goal to give the Mighty Oaks a comfortable 3-0 halftime lead.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks continued to control the tempo and attack at will. Goals were scored by Cuddihy, Striffler and Makayla McCormick.
Kiki Hilmer continued her solid play in the goal with another shutout, the team's sixth shutout in a row.
The women's soccer team now improves to 6-0 and plays again Sep. 22 in the annual Queen of the Hill Cup versus Onondaga Community College.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210