Men's basketball falls to Alfred University
Junior Sage Beemer leads the Mighty Oaks with 14 points
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team fell to the Alfred University Saxons, 95-57.
The Saxons came out strong and fast, building an 18-point lead within the first eight minutes of the game during the Nov. 15 game. The Mighty Oaks orchestrated a run of its own, cutting the lead down to eight with four minutes remaining in the first half and going into half time down only 39-51.
The second half was all Alfred as the Saxons ramped up its defense causing 16 Mighty Oaks' turnovers and limiting the Mighty Oaks to only 25 percent shooting in the second half.
Junior Sage Beemer lead the Mighty Oaks with 14 points.
The men's basketball team is back in action on the road Nov. 18 versus Marywood University in Scranton, Pa.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210